The Master of Science (Internet Engineering) programme is specifically designed to address market needs for highly skilled professionals with a solid foundation in Internet technologies. A unique combination of courses taught by academicians with industry experience prepares graduates to be at the forefront of future Internet technologies.
The program consists of 20 units of courses (5 courses) and 20 units of dissertation.
Core Courses (12 units)
- Network and Internet Engineering Principles
- Internet Communication Protocols
- Internet Security
Research (20 units)
Elective Courses (8 units)
- Special Topics in Next Generation Internet
- Wireless and Mobile Communications
- Advanced Web Technologies
- Internet Governance
- Advanced Network Programming
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Minimum: 3 semesters
- Maximum: 6 semesters
Classes will be held weekday evenings to cater for working professionals.
Intakes are opened every September and February every year starting 2015.
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications), Computer Sciences or Information Technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.75, or equivalent, from a recognised university.
International Applicants Only
- A minimum score of 550 in Paper-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); or
- A minimum score of 213 in Computer-based TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language); or
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Malaysian Applicants Only
- MUET Band 4
Network and Internet Architect
Web Services Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Network Application Manager
Internet Security Engineer